What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in San Antonio?
Following a motorcycle accident, there are several types of evidence you are going to want to secure. The first is going to be getting a police report from the officer who responds to your phone call following the crash because the police report will often be the main source of material that both the negligent party’s insurance company and your own lawyer will rely on.
When it is possible, you should try to take as many photographs of your crash scene as you possibly can, and get pictures from varying angles and distances. You can never take too many photographs, so be absolutely sure to get as many pictures as you can or have somebody else you know, such as a friend, family member, or coworker, do this for you if you are unable to do it yourself because of the need for medical attention.
Seek Medical Attention Right Away!
Always seek medical attention after a motorcycle accident, even if you do not think that you were hurt. Remember that many injuries will involve delayed symptoms, so you might not feel the effects of an injury until days or even weeks after an accident.
More importantly, a medical record will prove invaluable to your injury claim because it will document the injuries you suffered with tremendous specificity. A doctor is going to be able to outline the kinds of subsequent treatment you are going to require, which can be very beneficial when you are seeking financial compensation for future medical bills in addition to the past ones you are already being billed for.
Finally, try to compile a record of the wages that you are losing because of your accident. Any kind of evidence demonstrating time away from work will be incredibly beneficial.
Many people want to recover their compensation as quickly as possible because of the staggering number of bills they are facing following crashes, but you cannot race to close your case too quickly. When an insurance company for a negligent party contacts you and offers you a lump-sum settlement to resolve your case, you really need to ask yourself whether the proposed settlement is going to be enough to cover all of your past, present, and future bills because chances are very good that it will not.
Types of Motorcycle Accident Claims in San Antonio, Texas.
The best time to get an attorney is immediate. Once you seek medical attention for your injuries, you should be on the phone. There are many occasions where it’s important to get an auto accident lawyer in order to get the appropriate help. Filing a claim without a lawyer means you could be missing out on the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to.
- Serious Injuries: If you’re in a crash where a person involved has been seriously injured, you’ll need the services of a car accident lawyer. Examples of serious injuries include broken bones and anything that’s likely to be permanent in nature.
- Death: Accidents that result in death, whether someone was in a vehicle or a pedestrian, should be dealt with by an attorney.
- Fault: If you’re struggling to determine who is at fault, you could benefit from legal guidance.
- Accidents in a Construction Zone: Accidents that happen in a construction zone can often be fatal. If a worker is hit by a truck or other large vehicle, heavy fines and penalties can be issued. An auto accident lawyer can help you resolve this.
- Inaccurate Police Reports: Police reports are important pieces of evidence in the compensation claim process. Having a police report filed that you think isn’t entirely accurate can really hinder things for you and prevent you from getting the result you deserve.
- Issues with Insurance: If any of the drivers who are involved in an accident don’t have sufficient insurance, or your insurer suggests your car insurance limits are too low, a legal expert can help you resolve this.
Making a Claim on Your Insurance in San Antonio Area
A professional El Paso Auto Accident Lawyer can ensure that you get the most from your vehicle insurance. Things can be a little dramatic after a car, truck, motorcycle or commercial vehicle accident and people often make rash decisions. After being involved in an accident you should consider speaking to a legal professional as soon as possible; even before you contact your insurance provider.
This can help you to avoid making any mistakes that turn out to be costly. Getting an attorney can lead to you receiving a substantially larger settlement than going it alone. Insurance providers know that they’re likely to face much higher charges when there are lawyers involved.
Seek Legal Assistance from Motorcycle Accident in San Antonio.
If you’re hurt in an accident, you’re entitled to compensation. In Texas, there is no limit on what you are able to claim in regards to your pain & suffering, so get legal assistance and get the most from your claim.
While many people tend to think that they do not need to hire lawyers because they can simply settle cases on their own, the same people end up leaving significant amounts of money on the table and then find themselves powerless to obtain any more compensation later on when they realize the settlements they accepted were not sufficient. By hiring a motorcycle accident attorney, you will be giving yourself the best possible chance of recovering as much money as possible for your injuries.
You also do not need to worry about paying a personal injury lawyer anything upfront for their services because most attorneys handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that the lawyer only recovers a percentage of whatever your final award is – and not recovering anything means that they will get paid nothing. It also means that an attorney will be very motivated to ensure you get a significant award.