Jeffrey H. Richter
A Unique Ability
Personal Injury Lawyer
Jeffrey H. Richter is an experienced litigator who represents both individuals and businesses. Mr. Richter is licensed to practice in Texas, the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern United States District Courts, and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Mr. Richter’s practice involves commercial disputes, product liability claims, and personal injury claims.
Mr. Richter provides both trial and appellate support, which allows him to serve a unique role to his clients. By combining his trial advocacy skills with his ability to prepare and anticipate appellate issues, Mr. Richter is able to help ensure that his clients both maximize their recovery and maintain it through appeal. Mr. Richter has been a vital part of multiple trial teams involving verdicts and settlements totaling in excess of $100 million dollars. Mr. Richter has also prevailed on multiple summary judgments resulting in judgments totaling over $10 million dollars.
- Represented oil and gas development company in dispute over royalty calculations with over $120 million in dispute; case reached favorable confidential settlement after obtaining summary judgment against defendants as to the application of confusion of goods doctrine.
- Represented estate of an investor in oil and gas joint ventures; obtained summary judgment finding the investments were subject to the Texas Securities Act, resulting in a judgment of $7.7 million against defendants.
- Represented investors against partners in a dispute regarding the purchase of Naval Station Ingleside; obtained summary judgment on statutory fraud against defendants, resulting in a judgment of $4.2 million.
- Represented nonprofit aquarium in a breach of contract action against a chemical supplier; obtained summary judgment against defendants, resulting in judgments exceeding $2 million.
- Part of trial team in a case involving inadequate security for a security guard, which resulted in a $25 million verdict (depositions, pre-trial and post-trial motions, jury charge).
- Part of trial team in a case involving lack of a stop sign in a parking lot, which resulted in a $43.6 million verdict (pre-trial and post-trial motions, jury charge).
- Represented family of unrestrained rear passenger who was killed by a distracted driver, which resulted in a favorable confidential settlement.
- Represented intoxicated motorcycle driver in action against health insurance company over benefit dispute after an accident, which resulted in a favorable confidential settlement.
- Represented distracted driver who was using cell phone at time of accident when he struck an unlit 18-wheeler backing across a highway, which resulted in a favorable confidential settlement.
- Successfully represented and achieved favorable results for numerous plaintiffs in product actions ranging from defective conveyor systems, to defective tires and automobiles, to commercial bandsaws.