San Antonio Product Liability Lawyer
If you spend your hard earned money on something and it doesn’t work like was promised or worse yet, it injures you, you need to know your rights. From prescription drugs to your child’s onesie, if a defective product has injured you, you have to make sure your rights are protected. That’s where we come in. We will fight for your rights. Contact Cesar Ornelas Law to learn about your legal steps for compensation.
What is a Faulty Product?
When most people think about product liability, they think of the McDonald’s® coffee burn lawsuit. Product liability is so much more than that.
Some really common product liability issues:
- Defective car repairs
- Defective airbags
- Dangerous drugs
- Recreational vehicles
- Agricultural equipment
- Medical devices
- Children’s toys
- Unsafe toys and baby equipment
- Products that should have been recalled
- Unsafe food
- Medicine that makes you sick
- Poorly built furniture
- Shoddy foundations on your home
- Airbags that should save your life, not injure you
- Shoddy flooring and wallboard that makes you ill
As you can see, product liability is all around us. Normally, most companies strive to put out a safe product that enhances our lives. However, some put profits over people and you need to know your rights. Is product liability simply a matter of a product breaking? No, it can actually be quite complex which is why you should get in contact with a product liability lawyer like Cesar Ornelas immediately and get help in San Antonio or one of our other office locations.
Product Liability Lawyer
Some complex product liability issues:
- Bad Manufacturing: Even though they try, or even worse when they don’t, manufacturers are bound to have some bad products. Normally, we are maybe out a few dollars when the tires we bought wore out faster than we expected, we find some nuts unexpectedly in a brownie, or the handle on the crib broke. However, these are examples of instances where a company’s negligence may have caused an injury. But how can you tell if it is a violation of your rights? Ask a product liability lawyer like Cesar Ornelas.
- Bad Marketing: When it comes to product liability, manufacturers are not only responsible for making a good product, they are responsible for marketing it in a way that doesn’t hide the dangers of a product.
Bad Medicine: Have you started taking a new medicine? It should make you better. While all medicine does have some side effects, are they hiding the really bad side effects or did they fail to disclose those side effects to you? Get legal help today.
- Bad Disclosure: Did a manufacturer happily take your money for a product but didn’t disclose that they have cancer-causing chemicals in it or have some restrictions on the use of the product they didn’t bother to tell you about? Contact Cesar Ornelas to learn about product liability lawsuits.
- Bad Designs: Unlike a big business failing to tell you something important or something bad “slipping through”, bad design is a mistake in design that should have been addressed by a manufacturer. Examples of bad design are lawn darts that injure countless children, tires that blew out under normal circumstances, children’s cribs that fall apart when shaken, and airbags that kill people instead of saving them.
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code
Under Chapter 82 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, product liability is a strict liability offense, meaning that a person’s negligence will not matter. When there is any kind of defect in a product and that product causes harm, a defendant is going to be liable for all damages resulting from the product failure.
Despite the strict liability laws that are applicable in these cases, you can expect any negligent party in a product liability action to argue that a person was at fault for their own injuries. These kinds of claims are extremely common because the insurance company for the negligent party is going to want to pass the blame for your injuries onto yourself and claim that it was your own negligence that caused an accident, not actually any problem with the product.
Product liability claims have the potential to result in many different kinds of compensation being awarded to people, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
Contact A San Antonio Product Liability Lawyer to Handle Your Claim
There can also be cases in which defective products may cause the death of a person. In such cases, family members may be able to file wrongful death claims against manufacturers or other negligent parties.
If you’ve been injured due to a bad or faulty product, you need to call a strong and dedicated product liability lawyer like Cesar Ornelas now!