If you have been injured at work, you may think of Workmen’s Comp is there to help you out. However, Workmen’s Comp was originally started as insurance for the company and not the employee. Plus, in some states like Texas, employers don’t even have to carry Workmen’s Comp. So, it takes a tough and dedicated attorney like Cesar Ornelas to make sure that you are getting compensated for your injuries. Your company probably has plenty of lawyers and company doctors, why would you let them decide how injured you are?Contact Our Team
Not All Injuries Are Visible
When you ask most people about getting injured at work, they will think of someone slipping on a spill, falling off a ladder, or getting exposed to some toxic substance. It’s not just that anymore. Workplace bullying, discrimination, violence, and harassment is a very real problem and the mental scars are just as real. Have you suffered any of these at work?
Steps For Getting Help For Workplace Injuries
- Notify Your Supervisor -your injury. You have a very limited time to report, usually under 24 hours
- Seek medical Attention
- Documentation – You need to get documentation and a written report of the accident
- Witnesses – Make sure to collect witness reports if you can and list all the witnesses
- Evidence – Take photos of where the accident occurred and anything else that may have lead to it
- Account – While everything is fresh, you write down the entire incident with as many details as possible
- Legal Help – Contacting legal help as soon as possible will help ensure that your rights are respected and you get the help you need
What Are Some Common Causes Of Workplace Injuries?
- Improper maintenance
- Slip and fall
- Explosions and fires
- Unsafe or improperly maintained equipment
- Forklift accidents
- Toxic substances
- Management neglect
- Electrical accidents
- Hit by moving equipment
- Not being given the correct safety equipment
What Sort Of Injuries Did You Suffer?
- Injured backs
- Chemical or asbestos exposure
- Sexual Harassment
- Hostile work environments
- Broken bones
- Severed nerves
If you have suffered any of these injuries, you need to make sure you get the justice you deserve.
It isn’t’ just medical bills that you may need to be compensated for, it can be for things you never even thought of.
- Lifetime payments for permanent scarring or disability
- Lifetime care for an injured back or body part
- Mental health care to recover from workplace harassment or bullying
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lifetime insurance costs
- Loss of vacation, 401k, promotion opportunities
- Chiropractic care
The rules due vary from one industry to the next, but no matter what, you have rights! You work hard to provide for you and yours, so should your lawyer. Only a lawyer that is on your side and is dedicated to making sure you are compensated for your injuries will do. Cesar Ornelas is the lawyer you need on your side.
You Have Questions
No matter how you got hurt at work, you need to find out your rights today. Whether you wear a suit and tie or a company uniform, you have rights! You need smart legal counsel that will help you understand your rights, and make sure you get justice. Call Cesar Ornelas Today.
Contact Our Team