When to Get an Attorney for a Car Accident?
The best time to get an attorney is immediately. Once you seek medical attention for your injuries, you should be on the phone. There are many occasions where it’s important to get a car accident lawyer in order to get the appropriate help. Filing a claim without a lawyer means you could be missing out on the full amount of compensation you’re entitled to.
- Serious Injuries: If you’re in a crash where a person involved has been seriously injured, you’ll need the services of a car accident lawyer. Examples of serious injuries include broken bones and anything that’s likely to be permanent in nature.
- Death: Accidents that result in death, whether someone was in a vehicle or a pedestrian, should be dealt with by an attorney.
- Fault: If you’re struggling to determine who is at fault, you could benefit from legal guidance.
- Accidents in a Construction Zone: Accidents that happen in a construction zone can often be fatal. If a worker is hit by a truck or other large vehicle, heavy fines and penalties can be issued. An auto accident lawyer can help you resolve this.
- Inaccurate Police Reports: Police reports are important pieces of evidence in the compensation claim process.
- Having a police report filed that you think isn’t entirely accurate can really hinder things for you and prevent you from getting the result you deserve.
- Issues with Insurance: If any of the drivers who are involved in an accident don’t have sufficient insurance, or your insurer suggests your car insurance limits are too low, a legal expert can help you resolve this.