If you have lost a loved one due to the carelessness or the negligence of someone, Cesar Ornelas Law Firm will be able to fight for you in your time of need.
What is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death can take many forms. It can include car and motorcycle accidents. Perhaps a school or care facility did not take the care they should have for your loved one. It could be someone showing a reckless indifference for the safety and health of your loved one. Let me put my experience to work for you during this painful time. You have too much to deal with alone. Your grief and loss should be compensated by those guilty.
If you have questions about a wrongful death lawsuit in San Antonio, Albuquerque, Harlingen, El Paso or Laredo, contact one of our offices today.Contact Our Team
What Types Of Claims Are There?
- Wrongful Death – Claim made by the heirs of the deceased due to the death of their loved one
- Survival Claims – Claim made by the estate of the deceased due to their death
- Bystander Claims – Claim made by family members that experience trauma due to witnessing the death of a loved one
Here are some of the most common questions we get about wrongful death lawsuits:
Why File A Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Your loved one deserved to live the life they always dreamed of. Someone took that dream away and shattered it. By taking action now you cannot only help some other poor person from losing their life but also you can get some closure and compensation for your loss.
How Do I Know If A Death Was Wrongful?
Get the advice of an experienced attorney that is on your side. Remember, the sooner you get in contact with a caring and tough attorney like Cesar Ornelas, the sooner you get justice for your loved one.
By talking to an experienced wrongful death attorney you will be able to find out what your path to justice is as well as what legal remedies you have available. Sometimes filing a wrongful death lawsuit is the right path, sometimes it’s a matter of having an attorney like Cesar Ornelas talk to the other party in order to get justice.
Who Can Sue For Wrongful Death?
Usually, it is a spouse who can sue for wrongful death, but it can also include the children deprived of the love of their parent(s). However, to be sure, you need to contact Cesar Ornelas Law Firm today to speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney.
What Potential Damages Are There For Wrongful Death?
- Lost Income – Income that your loved one should have earned before they passed away
- Lost Future Earnings – Replacement for earning that your loved one should have to earn in the future
- Lost Inheritance – Assets that would have been in an inheritance if the deceased had not died prematurely
- Lost companionship and parental guidance – The cost of the loss of the emotional support that a loved one or parent would give
- Medical Costs – Direct medical costs associated with the passing of the deceased
- Funeral Costs – Costs associated with burial
- Pain and Suffering – Costs associated with aiding the recovery for the general pain and suffering placed on loved ones of the deceased
- Punitive Damages – Damages that can’t easily be calculated and are meant to punish the person or company that caused the death
When it comes to damages, each state allows a court to award you for your loss in different ways. Depending on your relationship to the deceased, you may have access to different compensation such as the recovery of the loved one’s salary, pension, estate holdings, and other assets.
Having a lawyer you can trust to counsel you in your time of need is critical. Talking to Cesar Ornelas is something you should do, today.
Is There A Time Limit On When I Can Sue For Wrongful Death?
Yes! Every state has well-defined statutes of limitations that can rob you of your right to justice. Usually, you have less than two years to sue after the passing of your loved one, but there are many exceptions to that rule.
Because of this, you absolutely need to contact the law offices of Cesar Ornelas today! Work with a tough wrongful death attorney and get justice for you and your family.Contact Our Team