What Potential Damages Are There For Wrongful Death?
- Lost Income – Income that your loved one should have earned before they passed away
- Lost Future Earnings – Replacement for earning that your loved one should have to earn in the future
- Lost Inheritance – Assets that would have been in an inheritance if the deceased had not died prematurely
- Lost companionship and parental guidance – The cost of the loss of the emotional support that a loved one or parent would give
- Medical Costs – Direct medical costs associated with the passing of the deceased
- Funeral Costs – Costs associated with burial
- Pain and Suffering – Costs associated with aiding the recovery for the general pain and suffering placed on loved ones of the deceased
- Punitive Damages – Damages that can’t easily be calculated and are meant to punish the person or company that caused the death
When it comes to damages, each state allows a court to award you for your loss in different ways. Depending on your relationship to the deceased, you may have access to different compensation such as the recovery of the loved one’s salary, pension, estate holdings, and other assets.
Having a lawyer you can trust to counsel you in your time of need is critical. Talking to Cesar Ornelas is something you should do, today.